Monday, November 21, 2011

Tea Lifestyle-Stevia recipes-Whole Wheat Banana Yogurt Bread


I have been baking a lot of breads recently. why? Urrrrr.... I bought too much flour!!;)))) Urrrr... I also love breads, any kind!! Anybody has a better anwer?;))))

I told one of my friends yesterday that I stopped adding any sugar to the Lightly Alcoholic Blooming Tea Punch. She said, that's great because everything we eat and drink now contains sugar!!! That's right!! And it adds up over time.

So I finally tested the banana bread recipe. I brought some with me when I went to the Toastmasters' meeting last week!! Guess what? Everybody asked me the recipe!!! Hahaahahaha!!


In the beginning, everybody was a little bit hesitated because people are health caucious nowadays!!

When I told them I did not add any sugar, they then rushed to the table for a bite!;))

Amanda said, your bread is so soft, full of moisture and tastes soo good. Many breads use a lot of butter to keep the bread moist. Did you add a lot?

I said, Actually I normally cut the butter volume in almost all my recipe. Same with my Banana bread.  For this one, I replaced sour cream with Fat Free Yogurt!!

Ah ha!! that's my secrete ingredient!!!Listen, nothing wrong with sour cream, but I love fat free yogurt because it offers me a lot of calcium.

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart and made my own version;)) Hey, nothing can beat the customized bread, right?!!!

Benefits: rich in calcium and fiber, low fat, low cholestrol...and nice aroma!! When I was baking, the aroma from my overn filled out the whole room!!!

Tea pairing: The bread  tastes lightly sweet, soft, full of moisture, delicate aroma. Great to pair with Green or Herbal tea

Ingredients:




Ingredient A:
¾  cup whole wheat four
¾ cup all purposes flour
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp stevia
¼ tsp freshly ground clove
½ cup chopped pecan

Ingredient B:
2/3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Greek fat free yogurt
2 ripe banana
2 egg white
2 tbsp butter (room temperature)


Directions:

1.        Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the loaf pan 9"x5"with oil and flour.
2.     Mix ingredients A
3.     Mix ingredients B-I used hand blender to help mix everything evenly and smoothly
4.     Pour ingredient B into Ingredient A and mix evenly
5.     Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
























4 comments:

Magic of Spice said...

The bread looks fantastic...love the yogurt add/replacement! I have several Stevia products but have never used them, maybe I should give it a go :)

Unknown said...

thanks for your comment! I actually use Stevia cautiously...only use the powder version, not the liquid ones. and I also read the label very carefully to make sure no other artificial flavors added, etc...Let me know how it goes my dera! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

This looks like a perfect snack before we do a little shopping on Black Friday. I've never used stevia in a bread recipe and am eager to try it. Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

hey cathy! thanks for the note!!yes, try it and let me know;)) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...