Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tea Lifestyle-Recipes-Whole Wheat Blueberry Green tea pancake with Cranberry Jam



Still digesting holiday stuff?;))) It's a big bird, isn't it!!! I had too much desserts, too much Turkey and too much stuffing!! I felt I was stuffed as well;(((

Really wanted something simple, light, savory, for breakfast this morning. The other day I made another batch of Cranberry Jam using different recipe. I will post it later. Here's the recipe for Earl Gray Cranberry Jam I made few weeks ago, in case you have not tried.


Benefits:
Blueberry, cranberry, green tea...all rich in antioxidents!!! Oat flakes have tons of fibers which make a great breakfast.


I blogged about the Whole Wheat Strawberry Green Tea pancake last month. Today's Whole Wheat Blueberry Green Tea pancake uses almost the same recipe. I thnk I forgot to mention in my previous post that I got this recipe from Ellie Krieger's book So Easy-Luscious Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week. As usual, I made few changes and created my own version of healthy pancake;))
























Ingredients:
A
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup pan roasted Oat flakes
2-½ teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup of blue berries
B.
2         egg whites
1    cup of Green tea (1 table spoon of green tea brewed with 8 oz water, medium strong or your preference )


C.
Honey
½ cup blue berries for display
Cranberry Jam


 Instructions:

















1.  Mix everything from ingredients A, except Blueberry together.
2. Mix ingredients B together. 
3. Pour B mixture into A mixture and mix evenly.
4. Add the whole blue berries to the Step 3 mixture. Gentlely stir a little bit, so that all blue berries do not break















5. Heat and spray the pan then pour the liquid into. It generates roughly 4 medium sized pancakes.
6. I then use cookie cutters to cut them in round shape. Just looks nicer;))) You know, when your food looks pretty, it gives you the mood to eat them all;)))
7. Spread the cranberry jam between the two pancakes, top with few blue berries. Then drizzle some hon......ey!!!


AWWWWW!!! it tastes great!!!Purely home made and FRESH!! I finished them all in seconds!! I like to taste my food while cooking. I was eating eating eating, then realized I did not leave any for photo-shooting;((( Had to make another batch. Then here you go;)))

Reminder: the Cyber Monday Giveaway is still available. make sure to check it out.




 Wanna a bite?;))) sorry, all gone before the wind comes!!!


No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...