Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas recipe-Mango Drumsticks with Red Wine




I mentioned I made Mango Red Wine Chicken Drumsticks for the Non profit Potluck lunch last week. Was too busy then when I prepared the dish and forgot to take pictures. I still have little bit  Mango jam from last batch, and half bottle of red wine from Argentina I bought at Costco. It's a no-brainer to just make Mango drumsticks with Red Wine again!



What a weekend!! A super productive one-sent out all orders, got all my bills done, responded emails, made few meals, did photoshooting and food shopping. I also did one successful tea tasting event (sold out all giftsets I brought)!!! One girl sitting next to my tea tasting table was searching for a gift for her mom (what a wonderful daughter!) She was browsing some Jewelry shops online, but ended with a tea gift set from me;)))














This recipe is super easy to prepare, no need to marinate, which saves you a lot of time. You can marinate the drumsticks, but not neccessarily. I was exhausted and starving, did not eat for a whole day and could not wait few more hours to have dinner. My mood was "I wanted it NOW";))

Benefits: I was starving and needed protein!! It also needs to taste good!! Super easy to make, no time to prepare!! Good for 30 minutes meals!!

Tea pairing-green tea or black tea

















Ingredients:
1 pack or 5 chicken drumsticks, thawed
3 tbsp Mango Jam
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp Rosemary
2 oz red wine


























Instructions:.

 1.Preheat oven to 450F
2. Chicken drumsticks thawed. I took the frozen ones out from the fridge in the morning then used them for dinner. If you need something quick, you can put the frozen ones in warm water until completely thawed.

















3. Mix all spices together with the chicken drumsticks. Make sure to leave some sauces for gravy.
4. Put them in oven for about 25-30 minutes or until completely cooked.




Prepare the gravy:
I did not use the gravy at all, but in case you feel the
 drumsticks do not have much taste. You can use the mixture to make gravy:
Ingredients:
sause from above
4 oz water
1-1/2 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp honey
1. Mix water, honey and Lime juice with the sauce until smooth
2. Heat the fry pan and pour the mixture into it. Bring to boil
3. Use very little water to mix with the starch so that it does not generate lumps in hot water. add it to the sauce until thick


No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...