Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Healthy Recipes Strawberry smoothies (frozen strawberries, peanuts, banana, sugar free)

Do you like the G+ new design? Now I feel I can not find any "white space" where I can pause my cursor without clicking anything...so many windows popping up...feel the same way? Well, I guess Google is trying to optimize the web page content...


Cinnamon Apple Chips
Arugula Salad (vegan, saltl free, egg free, diary free, sugar free)
Fruit Salad (oil free, egg free)
Strawberry Smoothies (3 ingredients or less, simple, egg free, oil free)
Quinoa Salad (vegan)
Whole Wheat Banana Olive Oil Cake (tea cake recipe)
Fruit bowl for New Year Eve dinner

 I'm so used to buy food by volumes now and now I end up with too much strawberries in my refridge. I know it's not a healthy way to eat...but have to deal with it. What I did was I froze the extra strawberries and made some smoothies. Not sure if you still call it "smoothie" but it's the same way to prepare smoothies, except frozen fruits. 

Benefits-frozen fruits are not always bad. It actually slows down the oxidization process, such as Vitamin C, etc, which means you possibly get more antioxidants in frozen fruits than fresh fruits stored in refridge for days...disagree?;))

This would be a great smoothie for summer time!!! It helps cool down the body temperature....still disagree?;))

Tea pairing- Green tea

Ingredients-
2 cups frozen Strawberries (sounds a lot, actually not)
2 cups milk or soy milk
1 ripe banana
strawberry smoothie

Toppings: pecan, strawberries

Instructions:
add all ingredients in a blender. Purify for about 30 sec to 1 minute...Top with pecan (roasted or raw) and frozen strawberries.























I was so hungry and was trying to finish the smoothie...could not believe I dropped the glass on the floor...spilled the smoothie everywhere!;((( what a messie....someone said i'm pretty artsy...yeah! does it look like a painting now?;))

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...