Wednesday, May 9, 2012

healthy recipes easy chicken soup (Mothers day special, frozen chiken, carrots, and tomato)


chicken soup for Mothers day
My friend who lives in NYC always jokes that all bad drivers in NYC are from New Jersey. And he said I'm one of them;((...I admit I still have hard time to do parallel parking in NYC. Yesterday I drove back from New Providence. It was a T street and I did not pay attention to the cars on my right, but saw the car coming to me on the left. I had to make a left. To avoid the 1 second waiting time, I made a left turn quickly, and almost hit the car coming from the right. Someone from the car on the left said something really nice to me-Hey, bxxxx!


Banana Ginger Muffins
Banana Cookies (3 ingredients or less)
Whole Wheat Tortilla (Banana)
Whole Wheat Lemon Banana cake
Banana Orange Ice pop
Whole Wheat Banana Olive Oil Cake
Sunchokes soup 
Mint Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Stevia recipes-Pumpkin bread No.1
Chinese Cheese Burger without cheese paired with Pu Erh Tea
Whole Wheat Gingerbread (stevia recipe)
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (Stevia recipes)
Chocolate Chip Biscuits (Stevia recipe)
Whole Wheat Orange Biscuit for love (eggless, sugarless, vegan, dairyless)

Boy! I need to treat myself something really tasty, for my broken soul and stomach! When is the last time you read the book Chicken Soup For the Soul? I read the books when I was in China, desperately looking for chicken soup recipes. It turned out the books are better than regular chicken soup recipe books, not surprisingly, but kind of very thick in first glance, roughly 1/2 feet tall for 2 books!!It took me few days to finish them! yum yum!! The problem is that after reading the books, I eat a lot!!

So right after the almost-accident, the first thing in my mind is chicken soup...some condolence from the real chicken soup! The the tough part is that I'm not prepared! I normally buy whole chicken then cut them in cubes. I will need to thaw the chicken cubes before cooking. But I don't have the patience today-I am scared and need to taste the soup now!!


Benefits-good source of protein. Good for people who don't have time and patience ("lazy" like me!!) to make the real chicken soup (or slow cooking, the Pro says)

Tea Pairing-green tea, lightly brew

Ingredients: (makes roughly 3-4 servings)
1-1/2 cup frozen chicken cubes
4 cup water
1 cup tomato cubes or minced
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
 1 tbsp olive oil

salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Add water and the chicken cubes to a fry pan and bring to a boil. change to medium heat for roughly 8-10 minutes until the meat changes color.
2. use a fine mesh sieve to clean the "foam" kind stuff floating on top of the soup. Clean it as much as you can. It will make the soup look cleaner.
3. Transfer the soup with chicken cubes to a large bowl.

4. clean and heat the pan again. Add oil, carrot and tomato for a stir fry, about 5-10 minutes. Pour the chicken soup back to the pan. Add salt and pepper (I do not like too much salt, so I add roughly 1/4 tsp salt and few shakes of pepper. Don't want the spice overpower the soup. But if you are having cold, like me, add a little bit more pepper). Simmer (medium heat) for 15-20 minutes.

soo yum yum!! You gonna try it today!! It should is for the soul and...stomach!!
easy chicken soup

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...