Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Healthy Recipes-Whole Wheat Lemon Banana cake (Stevia recipe)


I always enjoy walking around in NYC and take pictures. I saw a street vendor preparing BBQ, generated smokes around his truck that he could barely open his eyes; a business owner picking up the Heart shaped balloons for his customer; Greenpeace volunteer talking to people walking by; Police car flying on 5th ave... It reminds me this is New York!


By the way, did you notice a lot New Yorkers are pretty fit?!! Yeah! Because they have to walk a lot!! I mean a LOT!! Many people do not own a car-a green lifestyle! Sometimes walking probably is a faster means to get to where they want in NYC. I could not find the PATH station today. Few people gave me different directions....and that's today's 1 hour walk for me!

Mint Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Stevia recipes-Pumpkin bread No.1

Chinese Cheese Burger without cheese paired with Pu Erh Tea

Whole Wheat Gingerbread (stevia recipe)

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (Stevia recipes)

Chocolate Chip Biscuits (Stevia recipe)

Whole Wheat Orange Biscuit for love (eggless, sugarless, vegan, dairyless)




I was so hungry when I got home from NYC today, but had nothing to eat. The bananas I bought from Costco last week are finally ripe, completely. Staring at the piles of cookbooks I bought, I found this recipe from Barefoot Contessa by Ina Garten. The original recipe is Lemon Yogurt Cake. I made few changes to make it HEALTHIER!


 Benefits-No sugar added. rich in protein, fiber, Vitamins.

Tea pairing-Green tea, such as jasmine green, or herbal teas.

Ingredients A

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder












Ingredients B
1 cup vanilla soy milk
3 ripe banana
2-1/2 tbsp stevia powder
3 egg white
1 tbsp lemon zest (I did not have lemon, so I used 1 orange instead)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 oz vegetable oil
1/3 cup lemon juice

Topping (optional)-confection sugar (I never use it) It tastes great without any topping. But some people may like something "extra"


















Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease the bundt pan (it makes 6 cakes. you can use miffin pan) and flour each.
2. Mix ingredient A in a large bowl
3. Mix ingredient B in a medium bowl You can use a blender to mix everything together. As usually, I used hands. I love the taste of chunky banana in my cake...feels lucky;))
















4. Add ingredient B mixture to ingredient A mixture. Stir and mix evenly, either in a food blender or with hands.

















5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
You can dust some confection sugar if you want. I love it without sugar!!

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...