Monday, February 27, 2012

Healthy Recipes Whole Wheat Cookies (Mint & Stevia)

























Did you watch the Oscar last night? I fully enjoyed Billy Crystal's opening speech and singing, even though I have never heard of him (Am I too young or too old? Well, I only can remember a few: George Clooney, Brad Pitt...they are the few who are often on screen...). And the Best Actor Jean Dujardin's speech was marvelous! I thought French are reserved...he was screaming and said the "F" word (Jimmy Kimmel said!!) Another aspect of French, besides the world famous French kiss...agree?



Yeah, I was fully inspired by those Super Stars!! As I was watching the ceremony, I baked some Whole Wheat Mint Cookies...I actually had some fun-I made a "paper model" by drawing the Oscar figure and used a knife to cut the rolled dough in the figure shape. As you can see, it did take some time and efforts.

Whole Wheat Tortilla (Banana)
Superbowl Recipes-A healthy and Alcoholic version
Matcha Yogurt Raspberries
Fish Salad (with Pu Erh)
Whole Wheat Lemon Banana cake (Stevia recipe)
Chinese Cheese Burger without cheese paired with Pu Erh Tea
Gluten Free recipes-colorful pepper cups stuffed (great weight loss recipe)























I did not have the patient to make more Oscars cookies...It was fun!!

Benefits-simple, light, minty, refreshing, great for weigh-loss lovers!! Mint actually helps release throat pain. If you are a speaker or teacher, drink some mint tea is good for your throat. But good rest is always the best option.

Tea pairing-green tea or herbal tea or you can eat with dipping sauces.

Ingredients:

4 cup whole wheat flour
6 tbsp butter, room temperature
2 eggs
2 tsp mint extract
3 tbsp stevia powder
1 cup Vanilla soymilk

Instructions

1. Dump everything into food blender and just use regular speed for 1-2 minutes. I think I like the food blender more as it can make dough!!! Amazing!! If your food blender is not big enough, try to make two batches.
2 Use Pasta machine to roll the dough. I learned pasta machine is a perfect dough roller: evenly, quickly, and perfectly!! Here's another post where you can find the video as how to use pasta machine to "roll" the dough. I used #5.

3. Preheat the oven to 350F
4. Use "Star cookie cutter" to cut in shape.
5. Transfer all "super stars" to a baking tray lined with patchment paper.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges become golden.











No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...