Thursday, February 2, 2012

Healthy Recipes-Vegetarian pizza (Vegan recipes)














Was watching Nadia G's Bitchin's kitchen on Cooking channel the other day...She made a Potato Pizza!!!

I love love pizza!!! Who doesn't! If you do a party, pizza would be the best choice cause nobody would dislike it, the safest choice. But I can not eat it because I have Lactose intolerance! I did not know it until few years ago. I moved to a new apartment. After I got everything settled, I barely had any energy left for cooking. The easiest solution? Pizza!!! Since I was extremely starving, I bought a whole box of pizza! Guess what? I finished it all!!!  This is what happens when people are hungery.



Easy to get it in, hard to take it out...Not too long, the whole new apartment smelled like bad eggs!! I had to open all the windows, but could not figure out why....The pattern continued when I had milk every time. That's the time I decided to completely stop eating cheese. I still eat cheese today, but in a very small volume.

So when I saw this Potato pizza recipe, oohhh yeah!!! Time for me to try pizza!!! I actually bought a pizza stoneware because of it!!! It works beautifully!! can not be huppier!!

Benefits-Full of veggie!!  A real healthy version of pizza!! Good enough?

Tea pairing-Green tea or Herbal

Here's the recipe (very thin and crispy crust style, if you love more soft dough, double the recipe for dough portion):
Dough
Ingredients A
3/4 cup all purpose flour, extra flour for dusting
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt














Ingredient B:
1/2 tsp dry yeast
4.5 oz warm water 110F (i normallly make 2 doughs, so I use 9 oz. Just eye ball it)
1/2 tsp honey

Topping:
Ingredient C
1/2 thinly sliced medium size green pepper
1/2 thinly sliced medium size red pepper
1/2 thinly sliced medium size orange pepper
1/2 thinly sliced medium size yellow pepper
1/2 thinly sliced medium size onion (red)
Freshly cracked black pepper
sea salt
sesame (optional)
Olive oil (optional)
Paprika (optional)


Ingredient D
2 oz fresh basil leaves, sliced

Instruction:
1. Mix water with yeast and stir. Add honey to the mixture and stir evenly. Let it sit for another 10 minutes.
2. Mix ingredient A and pour the ingredient B mixture into A to make a dough.
3. Cover the dough with wet towel. Just rinse the dry towel with water then twist it few times to squeeze out some water. Then cover the dough. Let it sit for 2 hours under room temperature (70-75F)
4. Until the dough double the sizes, knead a little bit then let it sit for another hour. Cover it with a wet towel.
5. Preheat oven to 450F. Add all ingredient C in a large cooking sheet lined with partchment paper. I did not use olive oil. Try to cut carbs. Did you notice all my recipes I do not use much butter and olive oil? Ha!! That's how I keep myself in great shape and health!! Olive oil is not too bad, but 1 tbsp has over 100 calories!!.

Bake for about 15 minutes. If not soft enough, wait few more minutes. Veggie under high temp is very easy to cook. Just keep an eye on it.

5. When the dough is ready, stretch it thin enough to cover the pizza tray. add all toppings. Put it back to the oven 450F for another 15 minutes or until cooked.

6 Spread teh sesame and fresh basil leaves on top and serve!! a real home made pizza!!! whatda think?


ok. tell you a little secrete. I messed up the first time so I made it twice. The first one I added basil leaves too early and it burned;((( I made it again the second day and it WORKED!!! Well, I had pizza for almost a whole week!!

When is the national pizza day?

No comments:

Follow this blog with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...