Foodies nowadays are much savier than before because we have the information about almost everything available online, don't you agree? The only thing we need is time. The other day I found an article saying all fried foods have some level of trans fat. Even the label says zero trans fat, it only means it's less than 1%. If you eat this type of food more often, it will accumulate over time...Isn't that scary? I found some info about trans fats below:
Fish Salad (with Pu Erh)
Vegetarian pizza (Vegan recipes)
Apple Cocoa Smoothies (sugarless, eggless, diaryless, saltless, vegan)
Chocolate Chip Biscuits (Stevia recipe)
Quinoa Salad (Vegan)
Whole Wheat Orange Biscuit for love (eggless, sugarless, vegan, dairyless)
Sweet Potato Coconut Snow Balls
Here's the trans fat definition (Mayo Clinic)
Trans fat is made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil through a process called hydrogenation, which makes the oil less likely to spoil. Using trans fats in the manufacturing of foods helps foods stay fresh longer, have a longer shelf life and have a less greasy feel.
Scientists aren't sure exactly why, but the addition of hydrogen to oil increases your cholesterol more than do other types of fats. It's thought that adding hydrogen to oil makes the oil more difficult to digest, and your body recognizes trans fats as saturated fats.
The Category of foods that are likely to have trans fats (University of Maryland Medical Center)
Benefits-no oil, no sugar, rich in fiber, salt free, sugar free, very easy to make and great snack food!! Great for kids as well!!
Tea pairing-Green tea, Herbal tea.
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com
2-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 egg white
2 ripe banana
1 tsp baking powder
1. In a mediam bowl, mix the whole wheat flour with baking powder.
2. Mash banana and mix it with the 2 egg white. Add flour mixture to the food blender then add the banana mixture. Blend for about a minute.
3. Preheat oven to 375F
4. Use pasta machine to make egg roll skin. Here's a video from which you can find how to make it. Or you can use the rolling pin. I found it's very time consuming. Pasta machine is the best way to make egg roll. If you use pasta machine, you have up to 6 different level of thickness to choose. I used #3. You can even make your egg roll skin thinner.
5. Use cookie cutter to cut it in either tri-angle, or any shape you want. I made double hearts!
6. Transfer all tortilla to a baking tray line with patchment paper. Bake for about 12-15 minute or until gold.