I bought few whole wheat muffins at a local bakery. While I was eating, I noticed that they probably used the platic mold (picture below) for baking...The problem with the plastic mold is that plastic will release toxic componds when temperature goes up.
whew!! That made me concerned quite a bit while it looked nice. You know what? I bake my own and BETTER-Fresh ingredients, subtle aroma and smooth texture!! Here we go-Whole Wheat Banana muffin!!
I got this recipe from Ellie Krieger
Banana (nutrition data) provides a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin B6.
Coconut sugar-have you ever used it before? It's also called Palm Sugar, has molasses kind of taste, in brown color. It offers much less calories while still tastes sweet.
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp stevia (or adjust to taste)
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz Greek yogurt
2 tbsp soy milk
3 ripe banana sliced
1. Preheat the oven 400 F degree. Coat a 12 capacity muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix the ingredient A in a large bowl. i
3. Mix the ingredient B in a medium bowl. I wanted to keep Banana in a chuncky form so when bite, it has this fruity and aromatic texture. Actually when you mix it, sliced banana gets smaller.
4. Combine the mixture B into mixture A, stir well until smoothly.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of 1 comes out clean. Let cool on a rack. Run a knife around the muffins to loosen them and unmold.
I just love to taste foods right out of the oven-moist, soft, and full of aroma!!
What ya think my dear friend?