I bought a lot of cook books which I find sometimes a little too "sophisticated" for home cooking. First, it requires a lot of kitchen gadgets; second, multiple ingredients that need to be available; Third, it does take some time to get ready!! how many times you say to yourself, I'm hungry I want it now!!
Sometimes I just want my food, quick, and easy, and beautiful, and tasty, and smells good!! Is it possible? yeah, you can buy them;)) kidding. I recently made some snack food for afternoon tea!! Quick and easy!!!
Benefits: simple, easy and tasty! Sweet potato (nutrition fact) is rich in starch, and vitamine A. Great for snack food. The cinnamon and cocoa powder add very nice aroma to it. Sweet potato, of course, takes sweet!! No sugar needed! Cranberry jam adds a little bit savory bite to it.
Tea pairing-Green tea or herbal tea
Healthy Recipes-Orange Matcha Ice Cream (eggless, sugarless, saltless and really easy)!!
Healthy recipes-Fruit bowl for New Year Eve dinner
Healthy Recipes-Sweet Potato Coconut Snow Balls
Christmas Recipes-Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
2 sweet potato, peeled
Olive oil to brush on the sweet potato
Mixture of Ground cinnamon powder and cocoa powder in 1 to 1 proportion.
Cranberry Jam (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F degree.
2. Peel off the sweet potato skin. Use sharp knife to slice in roughly 1/4 inche pieces.
3. Use cookie cutters to cut them in flower shape or any kind of shape you desire. Brush some olive oil on both sides of the sliced sweet potato
4. Transfer all the sweet potato "flower"s to a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
5. When serve (I always love hot food, right out of oven is the best)), pile two pieces together then scoop a little bit cranberry jam in the center, dust lightly the mixture of cinnamon and coca on top!!